Updated: Dec 31, 2020
Three incumbent members of the Kirby School District 140 Board of Education will be on the ballot to retain their seats in the April 2nd elections. Kirby School District 140 is located in parts of Tinley Park, Orland Hills, and Orland Park. The incumbents, John Lutz, Chuck Augustyniak, and Lisa Strand have complied an impressive record despite the financial challenges facing all school districts in Illinois.
These incumbent Board members have, in cooperation with their colleagues, pay off the district's debt resulting in relieving the financial burden on property taxpayers, balancing their budget, and expanding the district's Special Olympics program to create an opportunity for every student, among a long list of accomplishments.
Each has an impressive background and agenda for their next term.
John Lutz is a retired teacher, coach, principal, and a grandparent. In addition, Lutz has pledged:
- Promote schools as a secure and nuturing climate for academic and social growth
- Support each child with the tools and opportunity to reach their fullest potential
- Continue to monitor and adjust spending to assure adequate funding fo programs while aware of future challenges
Chuck Augustyniak is a Cook County Deputy Sheriff, Library Trustee, and a volunteer coach. Augustyniak listed as his accomplishments and plans:
- Achieved Master Board Member status with the Illinois Association of School Boards
- Supports a Board plan to forecast costs and identify educational opportunities
- Ensure school safety for all students
Lisa Strand is a PTO President and parent. Strand lists as her goals for the next term:
- Support healthy budgets that meet educational needs while keeping the district debt free
- Modernize buildings and grow educational and technology programs
- Committed to improving community outreach
Kirby School District 140 residents can get more information on John Lutz, Chuck Augustyniak, and Lisa Strand at their Facebook page: LAS 4 KSD 140. Early voting begins on March 18th, Election Day is April 2nd.